Digital Making Reflection and tutorial for Aluminium Blister.


RELATING TO ARCHITECTURE


I found the BEIL course interesting, though not what I initially understood to be the actual activities I was to do, I did keep an open mind in order to fully try to learn and internalize how I can put what I have learnt into architecture. 

By learning how to shape metal, I came to get a better understanding of the material and how it moves as you shape it, giving me better insight in how I could use the material in my designs. In addition, I have also found ways I could use aluminium shaping to create models in architecture, to create skins for outlines, hollow massing models that have the possibility of being organic and parametric designs, easier than my current methods that are employed. Such as using Balsa, Basswood or boxboard to make models.

Here are a series of models to express the potential of aluminium models.





RELATING AN ALUMINIUM BLISTER TO MY STUDIES


I used the blister to express how we could potentially make massing models in architecture,  easily making more parametric shapes that I can put to use. Even that aside, with the nature of how to create a blister, with a little modification to how you form the shape, you can also create more cubic shapes. Allowing me to create panels for detail models or even forms to express organic facades as well if done right. It is also something I can use to recreate traditional architecture details, such as the Victorian ceiling board, and even use that as a basis to create new form and details to apply to more modern designs.






































Comments